I get so annoyed at these anti vaccination people...or “anti-vaxers” as they are known.

Really don’t they know what’s happening overseas? Don’t they watch the news or are they just buried in their Netfix of Facebook or something. I have no idea!!

 I have had one shot of the AstraZeneca Jab and pleased to do so. Next one in around six weeks time. If not for me it helps others so this dreaded plague that is amongst us does not mutate and become even worse than it already is.
 
People just make stupid comments and I get annoyed. I know I shouldn’t but find it really hard not to.
  
Scientists have worked hard to help us and unlike the last time there was a virus like this, the Spanish Flu, where in 1918 an estimated 20 to 50 million people died
 
A Doctor, an Indian Doctor, now living and working here in Australia said she is heartbroken, exhausted and discouraged pleading with people to “take the jab”. “I’ve lost several close family members to COVID-19 in India” she continued “ and yet here I am on the Gold Coast battling a sense of entitlement and privilege from those who think they don’t need to be vaccinated.” Three weeks ago her cousin died in virus-ravaged India, while four of her best friend’s lost their Fathers to COVID-19.
 
Every day she receives news of another death.” More than 3,500 people are dying each and every day from COVID-19 in India. We can’t selfishly protect our bubble and think we’ll be OK,” she continued. “ The borders will re-open and COVID will be here, and we won’t be safe until everyone has had the vaccination. Just because we live far away from places where thousands of people are dying every day, let’s not pretend it’s not going to come here,” she said. Comments quoted from local newspaper The Gold Coast Bulletin.
 
The vaccine that will save lives people are turning up their noses at. It’s crazy!
 
I know there has been talk of blood clots but how many die from blood clots every day anyway in Australia alone...5000 die each and every year! 30,000 develop clots in their legs or lungs. Blood clots kill four times more people than road accidents. A blood clot can happen even after a simple sprained ankle or after a short stay in hospital.
 
So this morning I just made a comment on line to the local paper. Some in reply to my comment said...Thanks for taking one for the team...and 99% recover from the virus...or I’d rather drink a glass of round-up! What!! Where do people get this from...the anti vaxer Facebook page or something. They live in some kind of alternate universe I think. Anyway I deleted my comment. Not worth taking the heat from people that have no idea what they are talking about.
 
I am no expert but I listen to scientists; people who actually know what they are talking about. If we leave this thing, this plague as that is what it is, it will mutate and mutate again and we will be in a worse mess than ever trying to control it; if at all possible.
 
Please talk to your doctor about vaccinations....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...