Too Much Love???...




Can you ever have too much love for a pet? No...not at all as they depend on us for so much...for their very lives in fact.

I have had, or I should say have shared in the life of, a very good friend. Some may say it is just a bird..so what! I disagree...so much so that I often worry if anything should happen to me what would happen to her?
 
Merle an Australian Galah and I have been together for over thirty years now. A very long time you would have to agree. She doesn’t look much like the glossy photos of Galahs one would see in National Geographic or some such glossy magazine as after thirty years she is looking maybe a little worse for wear. I guess we all are come to that!
 
She walks on the heal of one leg rather than the foot as the foot is rather bent under now. She appears to be in no pain. I am always aware of that and wouldn’t like her to suffer at all.
 
Rarely in her house during the day and often Loves to sleep  on the bed for a couple of hours at a time...and alongside me on the lounge in the evening. And in a drawer in the kitchen...an open drawer I add..when I am working there...that she enjoys to play in and eat almonds in where there are frequent amounts of almond meal I empty and clean. Oh and stuff papers down the back of the drawer which I often find in lower draws down! It keeps her busy...she likes to be busy.
 

Although she looks rather raggedy to the eye with a now bare chest where once were feathers she always looks beautiful to me...of course I would say that wouldn't I! She doesn't fly now I add. Used to fly a couple of circuits around the room but those days unfortunately are now sadly gone. Anyway why fly when you can be carried everywhere...
 
So many stories we have shared together...so many adventures from highs and lows and different addresses in the lifetime of Merle. The happy times and the sad...as in any life.
 
She knows all the words I say..but doesn’t talk. That's the first thing people always tend to ask...”Can it talk?” I suppose because all birds are expected to talk. Dinner time...bed time and all the words in between as I talk to her all the time whether it’s going out saying just when I’ll be back or wishing her good night as I cover her house, I prefer to say house rather than cage,  with a couple of towels to sleep and make it comfortable and dark and warm in the winter...the radiator is on anyway as you would have guessed.
 
Of course it limits going away and leaving her as I wouldn’t trust her care to anyone else. It’s a small sacrifice to receive the love. I know she appreciates it and I also know that one day when I uncover the cage...sorry house... one morning she will not be with us but that day still seems a way off and while it is we enjoy each others company.
 
So here’s to a long and happy life dear Merle with many more birthdays, and hopefully adventures, to come....
P.S. I did write about Merle previously (June 18 in fact...read that one as well I just had some new photos...any excuse eh!) but you can never have enough of a good thing can you πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
 

 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...