This time one year ago Russia was preparing to invade Ukraine. So many lives since have been lost on both sides. Many, many thousands of refugees have left their homeland through no choice of their own. Cities devastated. Peoples homes flattened into unrecognisable piles of rubble and it continues today. Putin thought he could take Ukraine in a few days...he was badly mistaken. NATO countries have stood strong and helped. Many countries around the world have helped. We in Australia have helped with training Ukranian soldiers to sending money and equipment. There is one question I have often wondered and if any of my friends in the United States can help, I would be appreciative. Here in Australia, from what I understand, almost everyone supports Ukraine and it's fight against the strength of Putin and Russia. We know that if Ukraine falls to the Russian troops NATO countries are most likely under threat and that will lead to conflict on a much, much larger scale. Why does it appea...
I am nailing my colours to the mast...as they say... with regards to a vote we as Australians will be holding soon. I will be voting YES in the referendum on October 14. My choice has, I add, caused "waves" from those around me and fear it will continue to do so but in my heart I feel it is the right thing to do. To give more of a unified voice to those that have not had that true voice, a voice from the heart, this heart felt Uluru Statement. The result of the said referendum will hold a mirror up to us as Australians and show us and the rest of the world, our trading partners I add, what we are really like. The odds of this referendum being carried has way of an outside chance. Out of 44 referendums since federation only 8 have been carried so the odds are not great. And there is so much opposition..so much opposition of this even getting through. Facts are continually being distorted. It's just sad. Where many First Nations people STILL to this day live in abj...
It's funny how people always think of Australia as having kangaroos hopping down the street or the dangerous poisonous creatures that are waiting behind every bush to bite us ...or even worse kill us! I can assure you this is far, far, from the truth but that's what many believe that if they were to step foot on our shores they will immediately die. Yes of course we have kangaroos but certainly not hopping down the streets. As for the rest...well...๐ This morning I was watching the early morning news show on TV and they had a segment on snakes...poisonous ones and two people had been bitten by a Taipan or some such snake I forget exactly. Anyway there were great details of this "attack" and what you should do if bitten and then from that it went on to talk about a shark attack where a surfer had part of his board bitten through. The host of the show was at great pains, with a smile on her face, to say anyone on holiday here should not be concerned as although these ...
Comments
Post a Comment