local wild life...

Although I live in an apartment, I still see plenty of native Australian wildlife here on Queensland's Gold Coast. 

As I am on the ground floor with a small garden bush turkeys wander around the grounds. At least two and a very young baby as well lately.


There are black and white currawongs with markings similar to a Magpie but a much larger bird. There are about four or five of those that visit on a regular basis.


They all love mince by the way. At the moment we are getting through almost two kilos a week! They have expensive taste, and we don't deny them of it!

Butcher birds are a small brownish colour with a beautiful song and they are very tame now every year bringing in their new babies to show us ...and add to our mounting meat bill!

But by far..to me I love to see the Water Dragon.

About half a metre long he will suddenly appear and jump up alongside when we sit quietly reading...or nodding off...whatever the case maybe :)


With such a shock I add...always a shock! The claws are long and I wouldn't like him to actually jump on me as he often has tried to do. One day I was just sitting outside reading and he bit my toe...a friendly nibble maybe... but frightening all the same when I didn't know he was around. Just his way of saying ...meal time but not me please..not me!


A visiting lorikeet small native parrot normally flying in large flocks squawking loudly as they fly. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...