The Songs of My Life Growing up.....

The songs of my life growing up...

Sad to hear today of the passing of music legend Burt Bacharach. An American legend in every sense of the word. Composer, songwriter, record producer, pianist and also performer. So many memories...so many songs,  hundreds of songs, many written in collaboration with lyricist Hal David, that has formed a huge part of my life.

Many of his songs became standards and recorded by so many artists that will live on forever.

My instant memories...there are so many...'Anyone Who Had a Heart' the Cilla Black version as I grew up in the UK. Dionne Warwick and the original in the U.S.. Wow...loved it. Who could forget her singing 'Don't Make Me Over'..ooohh ! And of course 'Do You Know The Way To San Jose'.

'Make It Easy On Yourself'  The Walker Brothers..Amazing...just amazing. Scotts voice is beyond...beyond! Listen to it if you have a chance it must be on YouTube somewhere...everything is on YouTube somewhere 😊 I have several of his L.Ps. Now that dates...doesn't it!

Gene Pitney was the boss singing '24 Hours to Tulsa'...Aretha Franklin's "Say a Little Prayer' dynamite. Sandie Shaw's  'Always Something There To Remind Me' (U.K. version again)..listened to it endlessly for hours and sang along...of course! My poor neighbours growing up...really 😏!

To list the songs would take forever there are more than 500...yes five hundred. Just imagine the royalties from that vast collection.

From the Carpenters  'Close To You' to Dusty Springfield singing the very beautiful and haunting 'The Look of Love' was one of my favourites from Dusty. 

'What The World Needs Now is Love' originally recorded by Jackie DeShannon and covered by other artists more than 150 times..just amazing!  And the world still needs love now more than ever. Maybe a re-release is in order!

From Burts own version of  'This Guys in Love With you' to the film score of 'Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head' from the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

From the late 1950's up until now, and I understand he was still doing the occasional appearance, his name will be remembered forever like so many well-known composers and performers...and the royalties will continue to keep pouring in I'm sure, forever, for someone.

And of course, all day today I can't get some of those songs out of my mind...😊

   🎜🎝  Don't make me over...🎜

                                  Now that I'd do anything for you.. 🎜🎜

                                                                                 Just Beautiful....

                                                

Thank you Burt Bacharach for the memories...So many memories...Thank you 🙏



                                                            12 May 1928  -  8 February 2023


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...