Unwelcome Visitors In The Night...

😲 Last night I had a visitor at 4.30am! Two actually...and they were in my bedroom!!

Curious? I was scared...

It was a dream...of course...more like a nightmare!

Have you ever had that dream...that feeling...of being utterly fearful, frightened for your own safety and totally helpless. Silly I know but often a dream can feel so very real and the people so real, often waking up in a cold sweat and so utterly relieved to know it was....just a dream.

I have to admit I have had them before, not that often thankfully, where you just can't call out. You want to but nothing comes out. Nothing.

I wasn't running away from anyone, falling, or climbing stairs racing to get away from someone chasing me. I've had that one before and just getting to the door and closing it before "they/it" reaches me.

That's exhausting enough this one was different. I was in bed of all places and I knew there were other people in the room as I felt someone grab hold of my leg; then someone else was on top of me.  

I called out but there was nothing there...just a guttural groan...again and again I groaned as loud as I could, fighting, trying to get them off.

It was then my partner woke me and asked if I was okay. Wow what a relief that was to know it was only a dream...some kind of  nightmare coming from the depths of darkness like some dreaded, scary, supernatural Stephen King novel.

A place I really don't want to visit again that's for sure.

I couldn't really get back to sleep, just lay there in the darkness, trying to process what just happened. Going over it in my mind over and over again. Just who were those people...and why? 

Why do they often appear so real? Where do they come from? Where do they live? In some dark recesses of the mind...

I turned on the radio softly and put it under my pillow. I often do that when I can't sleep and listen to the BBC world news service.

This time the nightmare was live and in real time. A live cross from Ukraine where there is continuous bombing, suffering and death. People living in bomb shelters, cold, hungry and with little chance of escape.

My nightmare was imaginary. Their nightmare is real, continuous, and seemingly without end and I know just how fortunate, how lucky, I am.

Take nothing for granted. Nothing. It can all change in the blink of an eye.

Just ask the people of Ukraine.....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...