Just day dreaming....

 


Just a pleasant quiet place I like to sit and ponder on things. Where I've been, where I'm going, you know the usual stuff. Watching the world go by as I sit under the shade of a tree listening to the birds singing and appreciating life around me.

It's been a long and often bumpy ride to where I am today and who knows what tomorrow may bring. All good things we hope. That's what I always say anyway...as I buy another lottery ticket!😊

There always has to be something to look forward to or what's the point. 

There is so much sadness in the world right now I know. Has there ever been a time when there wasn't any sadness in the world. If there was, I can't remember just when.

There are people still preaching the end of the world as we know it and the doomsday clock, as it's called, is ever approaching the bewitching hour. Should we be nervous...should we be scared? I guess so but we seem to have been living "on the edge" for so long now I guess we become somewhat blasé about it all even though we really know we shouldn't.

I remember my father saying when he was a young boy in the U.K. there would be people parading around carrying signs 'The End Is Nigh'...and we're still here. And that was a VERY long time ago!

Hopefully still to continue as I make another call to the dentist for the regular checkup. Imagine if we stopped everything. Checkups, just like car servicing's it has to go on otherwise we all come to a complete stop, a standstill.

Just some thoughts as I sit here watching visitors on the river enjoying sightseeing and their holidays.  Jet skiers travelling slowly in line as they head back to base.

Always someone's adventure. Always someone's holiday.

Long may they continue...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

On a lighter note...