Letter From America...

   

Does anyone remember Alistair Cooke’s Letter from America broadcast around the world? It ended in 2004..he started it in 1946; so maybe many on here don’t. A very long run indeed.
 
It was around a fifteen minute broadcast of observations and some anecdotes and also humour on American life in general. I remember listening to it when I lived in the U.K. and I always found it very interesting the way he would meld the different subjects together with humour and compassion.
 
On March 2004 at the age of 95 Alistair Cooke announced his retirement and died a few weeks later.
 
He had a way with words and I so enjoy people of great knowledge talking sensibly. Not that I have great knowledge, I wish I did, but it’s a gift to be able to hold an audience especially like he did for so many years.
 
My hats off to him as I ‘'try” to the best of my very limited ability to follow with my own version of ramblings...sort of 😆
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...