Who would have thought the hits we heard and sung to in our bedrooms, danced energetically to back in our youth, would STILL be playing on the radio today?

 I find it quite bizarre to say the least! I thought I'd heard the last of them many years ago. The thing is a lot of the DJ’s on the radio now don’t say who the singer or the band are. They just play the music and todays generation have no idea just how old that song is or who the artist is. Or even if the artist is still alive come to that! It could even be played in the background while shopping and it brings back many happy memories. Then ask, say, a Millennial or Gen Z....”So you enjoy that old song sung/played by so and so”. You get blank looks and an... ”Eh!” or “What?”
 
I even remember the video clips..( I was going to say the film clips but that is really dating!) as I say it’s quite bizarre. Also to hear songs that really don’t seem that old used in TV ads is also strange. I guess the copyright has expired or they have found some way around the copyright to use it.
 
I know it’s something no one wants to even consider but it’s funny, or maybe not so funny really on thinking about it, but in the back of my mind I have this vision of being in some old folks home with "my generation", not saying exactly which one, many...VERY MANY...years from now, all sitting around in a circle singing..*”We all live in a yellow submarine...yellow submarine...a yellow submarine”. Oh please no!  I really do hope not 🙏
 
Such happy thoughts as I watch yet another Generation Z make a film clip dancing to an old familiar song on the Instagram or Tick Tock app thinking it’s a new sound...aaAAHHH!! 
 
* Yellow Submarine   I know...I know...It’s a Lennon/ McCartney song from way back! It was an animated musical adventure film inspired by the music of The Beatles. I was told about it from my grandparents 😀😂
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...