Bond...James Bond...


Bond...James Bond...

I guess by now all the many 007 James Bond fans have seen the latest... No Time To Die. The final for Daniel Craig...unless he makes some kind of ghostly re-appearance at some future date!

Sean Connery and Daniel Craig..for me..were/are the two best James Bond characters.
 
One of the most memorable pieces of music from the 26 Bond films so far is the very first from the legendary John Barry. Dr. No ....the one that set the trend for following Bond movies starring, of course,  Sean Connery and who could forget Ursula Andress magically appearing from the surf in THAT bikini !
 
In no particular order Goldfinger and Diamonds Are Forever, from the also legendary Shirley Bassey, are powerful; as is her dynamic and very distinctive one of a kind voice.
 
Thunderball sung by Tom Jones is equally powerful and takes us on a journey...whereas the softly sung and very beautiful  From Russia With Love by Matt Monroe# has special significance for me as I remember seeing this with my Parents...as with the other Sean Connery films.

It was always great excitement when the latest Bond film was released. The same now really as for many eager fans years later.
 
You Only Live Twice by Nancy Sinatra ## from 1967 was magical and dreamy. As was Nobody Does It Better from the movie The Spy Who Loved Me sung by Carly Simon.
 
Paul McCartney and Wings gave it their own style in the 1973 Live and Let Die..which is still great to hear; as are all the Bond themes of course and immediately take us back to when and where we were at some particular time in our lives. Me..in my own shop in New Zealand. One of the songs of the time I remember playing as background music on my reel to reel tape recorder. (what's that I hear you say😀)
 
I enjoyed Sam Smiths song from 2015 The Writings on The Wall from Spectre. It’s haunting in it’s softness...gentleness.
 
But for me I love..love...love.. Skyfall  co written  by Adele and her producer Paul Epworth and sung by Adele. A true winner in every sense of the word.
 
As for the latest No Time To Die from the eagerly awaited and delayed due to Covid-19 from distribution... sorry but I really cannot even remember it. To me it just didn’t have the impact of earlier songs.
 
I guess everyone has their favourites and they all have memories for many of us. There are many other equally good Bond theme songs these above are just some that mean something to me...
 
Who will be the next 007 James Bond? I predict Idris Elba.  Most likely I’m wrong and only time will tell. That could be the title for the next James Bond movie...Only Time Will Tell..Starring Idris Elba...I can see it now up in lights 😀😀
 
You saw it here first folks  😁
 
 
 
# Matt Monroe was a particular favourite of my Mothers as he won a TV talent show, an east London bus driver made good, his job at the time, who toasted his win with cooking sherry with his wife. The only drink they had in the house to celebrate with. Strange isn’t it the things we remember...especially me!! He became known as the United Kingdoms answer to Frank Sinatra.

##I love the voice of Nancy Sinatra and still enjoy listening to Nancy and also when she sang with Lee Hazlewood  on Some Velvet Morning...not from a Bond movie...of course! A great song and  well ahead of its time. Listen to it sometime...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...