Invasion Has Begun...


Sadly this is now out of date...only written yesterday...and the drums of war have now begun. We pray for Ukraine๐Ÿ™

It used to be that the first item on the news was the Corona Virus..or Covid 19.. or one of the other many names this dreadful virus goes by but lately it has been Ukraine the first news item.

I do hope I'm wrong but I have a great sense of foreboding concerning what is happing with Russia and Ukraine at the moment. President Putin is holding all the cards and keeping them close to his chest while closing in on Ukraine on all sides with over 200,000 troops ready, so it seems, to attack at his will.

No one believes this is a "peace keeping force" as President Putin states. No one!

All people want is peace and to live a quiet livable life without the stress of war but it seems it is not to be.

I feel we are on the brink of something that once it starts will be impossible to stop. I do hope I am wrong.

Cyber attacks daily are trying to weaken and frighten the population of Ukraine and cause as much trouble as possible with the banking system there and the general running of the country.

 I admit I am no expert on world affairs and maybe I watch and listen to too much news. I live so far away from what is happening...on the other side of the world in fact, in Australia, but the tentacles of war once started can spread like a cancer so easily I find it frightening. 

With a population of over forty four million people it seems unbelievable that this could touch everyone and cause more refugees fleeing and more deaths than we could ever imagine.

It has been so long since the last war that we do not want another one. Memories are strong with those old enough to know what happened with the invasion of Poland and how quickly and deadly that fateful act spread around the globe.

I am certain China is looking and waiting to see how this current situation progresses and Taiwan will be next to be taken over by them.

Egos and power...

We will see if sanctions being put in place against Russia will be enough to stop President Putin and cause him to have second thoughts about what is most likely in his mind and destined to happen. Somehow I doubt it!

The World waits and hopes ๐Ÿ™

Cont., An hour after writing these few words it seems the invasion is now on!

We pray for the people of Ukraine...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...