I had to go to the transport department for my driving license renewal yesterday. I don't know what it is but not the most comfortable feeling for some reason. Maybe it's people paying fines or they are there for driving infringements but also maybe it's just me. Most likely it's just me...

I don't think I would like to work there. The people there do a good job of course it's not that... I guess dealing with some customers it can be stressful.

Going in...there are around thirty people sitting there waiting all facing the door so as soon as anyone walks in everyone looks up at them blankly. Of course I had no idea what to do on entry and looked furtively around the room for a ticket person, or something, feeling all eyes on me😨 

The security guy seated by the door looked up from checking his 'phone, noticed my confusion, and called..."Just select and press!" as he pointed to a machine with a number of divisions highlighted.

I selected the appropriate box...hopefully the correct one !πŸ˜•

Of course I pressed..too long and nothing happened. πŸ˜“Oh dear...I tried again as everyone, it seemed,  in the room looked at me with curious interest. Who is this idiot I imagined them saying to themselves.  Most likely not...just me again!

The security guard called again louder..."Just tap...don't hold!"😱 I tried again and thankfully a ticket magically appeared πŸ™ Phew...relief.

I quickly made my way to the back of the room, as all the seats were taken, and blended in with the numerous 'wanted dead or alive' posters on the wall.

No, not really, but that's the way it felt. Driving awareness posters of course....and waited my turn. 

It's great we have all these services and I'm not knocking that but the place just has the appearance of tiredness. One would think as we live where we do...no sorry that sounds pretentious and that's definitely not me...it just looked tired.

There were tables in front of the counters to stop people from getting too close to the person behind the counter during these covid times and I understand that but other places have a plastic screen, like at the doctors, but maybe government offices are different I guess.

Anyway after what seemed like around forty minutes or so my ticket number magically appeared on a large screen on the front wall; also announced by an impersonal  metallic voice in case you couldn't see the screen I guess. If you couldn't see the screen...should you be driving? 

Anyway...

I made my way to my allotted counter number the deed was done and I quickly and discreetly left the building.

It must be difficult for the people working there...even the fact that a security guard is required in case anyone causes trouble I guess. I suppose some customers become impatient or rude...which in itself is sad. But all done with quick friendly efficiency once the main counter was reached...until next time....maybe by then I will be able to afford a chauffer and have no need for my license. 

Dream on...as they say 😏

But you never know 😎


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...