No.... maybe don't say that :) :)

Maybe not the best thing to say to someone that's isn't feeling the best and propped up in bed..."You look just like your mother before she died"! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ 

A friend of ours took a photo on her 'phone and sent to her husband interstate while in bed not feeling too well and that was the result.

They have a holiday apartment above us here in the building and the lady was here on her own for a couple of weeks organising new furniture and expecting to have a wonderful holiday, catching up with friends and coffee's out and lunches, while husband remained interstate with business and family. Then suddenly the after effects of a recent illness kicked in, that she thought was now behind her, and she felt very poorly indeed. 

Maybe it was the flight..or maybe just the stress of  travel who knows. Sometimes it's possible to catch "things" on a flight...even with a mask on!

Felt unwell for a couple of days..

I have been 'phoning/texting every day checking if all was well but this morning wasn't the best.

Don't you often find that you're not well on either weekends/long weekends when there is a public holiday or when the local doctor or emergency doctor is difficult to contact. I know I've been there done that often on a weekend..last time was a kidney stone...oouch! Sunday as well...thankful to the staff at Pindara Hospital here on the Gold Coast. Blessings indeedπŸ™πŸ™

After that gratuitous plug...remember me if there is a next time please Pindara..wonderful care!!

Anyway when you can't catch your breath and start to panic, as this lady was, and also unable to contact anyone I suggested straight to hospital emergency. So we did and pleased to do so. 

I remember once when I was in Fiji on my own and I ate an unripened paw paw...boy I felt ill and very alone. I remember laying on the hotel bed and hearing the flights take off in the distance and wishing, just wishing, I was going home to New Zealand where I was living at the time.

I stray..sometimes my mind runs ahead of me and I think of things. Do you? Maybe it's just me..oh well back to my original story...

So after a number of tests and x-rays etc., it was stated by the doctor that our friend could return home to the apartment...with the offer to stay in over night if preferred for observation. I think I would rather stay in to be honest...just love the feeling of safety knowing everyone is around if required...and always very nice meals. Why cook yourself I say?? So I drove over and collected her to bring her back home to the apartment.

Our neighbour lives interstate, as I have already stated,  and has an apartment here, as so many people do. We keep an eye on their place, their second home and winter getaway for themselves and family.

 LIGHT BULB MOMENT...Air B&B now that's an idea...we could make an absolute fortune while no one is here...I JOKE OF COURSE J & K !!!

It looks amazing and tip top with new furniture. Quite envious indeed!

So after my ramblings our friend upstairs is feeling better but must rest; even though she has hardly been outside the building. So much for this wonderful break away catching up with friends etc.,

That's often the way the cookie crumbles isn't it as they say..we make plans but often life or life's misfortunes seem to get in the way.

Better luck next time..and maybe if you receive a photo from someone who isn't feeling the best just give them some encouragement on their appearance...even if you may really think otherwiseπŸ˜‰πŸ˜œ


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...