Downton Abbey: A New Era...

 For any Downton Abbey fans out there....

We went to see the Latest Downton Abbey film last evening. Love the pace...the scenery...the grandeur.

I feel it takes a while to actually "slow down" to the pace of the time, the slowness and almost reverence of that beautiful home and the characters that live and work there.  Oh I know it's only a film but it takes us away from the rush and panic and stress of these current times...

 A couple of hours to "take us away" to another place another time. A more refined...more gentle...more genteel.. time.

I know we've all moved on from the days of servants and the "upstairs downstairs" way of living but just love that lifestyle.

I wont give away any plot twists as that would spoil it for Downton fans that are yet to see the movie but many loose ends are tied up. So much so that I wonder if this will be the final one in the Downton series. I hope not. It certainly pulls at the heart strings. Wonderful cinematography and costume design as always.

Love the acting...within the acting... you will understand what I mean when you see it as no doubt many of  you that enjoyed the TV series and the last movie will.

The characters, the portrayals and that scenery...wow...I have never been to the South of France but what was shown was just glorious and switching back to the green, which is the gentle softness of the English countryside and the Downton Estate, pure joy.

Any of the characters portrayed could have their own spin off series and I could imagine many of them living their own lives...

There is happiness and sadness and renewal....that's all I will say.

Any fans of Downton I recommend it. Just be swept away for a short time and enjoy...

I know we did...


Instagram: mike_at_mainbeach

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...