Please don't join in :)


How do you feel when you are out somewhere seated at a table, where ever, and you're talking between yourselves and know that other people are listening in to your conversation...and then they join in...aaahhhHHH !!

That happened this morning. There were four of us and I knew the conversation was being overheard when the lady from the table just across from us turned around to have a look at who was talking. I just returned ''the look'' as she turned back to her husband, I guess it was, he then joined in our conversation.."Just follow the money trail," he said..."Just follow the money!" as the banter went back and forth between ours and their the tables.

I honestly just wanted to fall through the floor and I find that embarrassing in the extreme๐Ÿ˜“..and also   quite rude to be honest.

I would never do that..never..ever join in someone else's conversation. I mean I wasn't even in the conversation just sitting there, observing, minding my own business and I still felt awkward.

I know no harm is meant but it's just something I would never think of doing..truly. Maybe just sit quietly, innocently, making out not to hear anything; however tempting it may be to join in.

When, once again, the subject of renewables comes up, as in the past, voices do tend to be raised a little.

The discussion was about renewable energy...wasted money...who's behind the alternate energy push and just who's making the money from all this.

Maybe don't mention Greta, you know who, and who's financing the renewables...and also climate change ๐Ÿ˜ฉIt does all get me down at times.

I don't say anything; for a quiet life maybe๐Ÿ˜.  Rather be a lover not fighter (!) as they say..not sure about that statement...but anyway!!

Let's say I am more on the green energy side I have to say but would rather stay quiet; especially when we are out seated in a restaurant surrounded by others. Of course I agree with climate change...just look around the world. Often my thoughts are my own and the best way to be...

I like to speak quietly if others are around. I guess one could make up some juicy conversation about something, some sexy dealings whatever,  then see what their reaction was. Most likely they would lean in even closer!

Reminds me of someone I used to work with years ago in the days of the telephone switchboard where every lunchtime he would talk to his girlfriend on the 'phone. He knew the switchboard operator was listening in there was always this echo sound..a dead giveaway...and he would talk about details of their previous evening together..made up or otherwise I have no idea..in explicit...very explicit detail !

I'm sure the lady on the switchboard that liked to listen in to calls wondered what she was indeed missing out on in life with such steamy conversation taking place and in such detail. ๐Ÿ˜€

So when I'm surrounded by people seated in say a restaurant and know they are listening what should I do?

What would you do?

Interested to know your comments...

Instagram: mike_at_mainbeach



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...