I Am Australian...

Once again this may not mean too much to anyone outside of Australia...but hopefully could be of some interest.


I am a very proud Australian after living here for many years now, as anyone reading my blogs/ my ramblings, would know....even though some say my accent is often confusing 😆😕. 

Just me :) I love everything about this country...now my country...my home. 

One thing I have noticed that often comes up is talk of our national anthem.

We all sing it along with our athletes when a medal is won at any games experience whether it be Olympic, Commonwealth, or any sporting even where we win; which is often I add. For a country of around  25 million we play well above our weight on the world stage.

Written by Scottish born Peter Dodds McCormick back in 1878  the words of our anthem seem quite dated and many agree. Some words have been changed, but still we are "girt by sea"...which no one really understands?

The following has been a suggestion and is all inclusive. It brings tingles..something special.. words that mean so much to so many no matter who and where you come from or, and also more importantly, if you are our original first nations people. The more you hear it it has a special significance; a very special meaning. 

I predict one day...not now or anytime soon..but in many years to come this could become our national anthem. It is growing in popularity, played often, and always sounds special...sends tingles down the spine as they say.

The more it is heard the more the words ring true and they are powerful indeed. All inclusive and  respectful. A song of our country and ALL its inhabitants.

I Am Australian sung by The Seekers and written in 1987 by Bruce Woodley of The Seekers and Dobe Newton.

This WILL go on forever, even if in some abbreviated form, as a well deserved nation anthem.

 (4217) THE SEEKERS ~ I AM AUSTRALIAN - YouTube

Your thoughts welcomed...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...