Palm sugar/Palm oil

 I wish there was an alternative to palm sugar and palm oil.

Palm oil is in so much of what we consume I doubt if the clock can ever be re-wound as it were. From chocolate to shampoo cosmetics and almost everything in between from breakfast cereal, potato chips to pet food.

I absolutely cringe when a cook on a TV cooking show says to add palm sugar.

We know...or should know how much damage we are doing to add to the deforestation of the worlds tropical rainforests How many animals we are putting in danger through losing their homes...their lives.


                   Land cleared that was one home to animals..birds..insects of the world that we need 

The environmental disaster by the palm oil industry is becoming increasingly impossible for anyone with a conscience to ignore.

Tropical rainforests are being wiped out for the palm industry at an alarming rate and have done for years now.

 Palm trees planted where once was tropical rainforests as far as the eye can see where no animals can live. Nature turned on it's head supposedly for us.

Palm oil is even labelled vegetable oil in many cases so even if we try to avoid buying it we are fooled.

Palm sugar is said to be more sustainable as the actual trees are not cut down just the sap from the trees itself is taken. But still jungles are being cleared to plant these trees that were never meant to be there in the first place.

I am no expert by any means and nothing I say will change anything as I am just one person but in my own small way I hope I contribute something...some good. At least make someone think a little more and do their own investigations.

I know I will NEVER buy palm sugar and that's for sure 😡



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...