Birthdays...

Why do we feel obliged to have to celebrate a birthday as we get older, even if we don't really want to?

I can understand children celebrating their birthdays. Great, good fun. Cake, candles and streamers. 

I can understand 18-year-olds and 21-year-olds celebrating a milestone birthday but once we get to say forty plus...why?

Is it just "I've survived another year".  I'm certain no one really wants or needs to be reminded the age clock is counting down to an inevitable midnight.

Does anyone really need reminding that they are getting older? A birthday card with some, supposedly funny but not really, remark that another year has passed.

I just find there's no need as one-year blends slowly into the next. Thats enough, that's enough for me. I know it, why everyone else needs to is a mystery. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one!

After all I'm convinced age IS a state of mind and once you get into that mindset it's good for mind and  body. Once you start counting the years, that can be fatal.

I'm not being a grump about it...just please don't remind me I'm another year older.  I don't need it.

Thanking in advance 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...