Pedigree mixtures...


There are so many new little dogs in the apartment building where I live. Expensive and pedigree of course! From Cavoodles..dooodles..woodles whatever else is mixed together to make a cute, and very expensive companion. I've lost track of the latest trend in dogs. Very confusing! One couple here purchased a new pedigree puppy from interstate it was very expensive. Plus the transport, air fare and vet fees of course.

 I'm not sure how a mixed breed mutt would be received in the building where I live? It could be an interesting conversation in the elevator that's for sure!

I love dogs...I had one once. Just a very ordinary mixed breed purchased from a pet shop. Nothing fancy but greatly loved and gave love and loyalty in return.

They're such great company especially for someone living on their own. 

Their loss can be devastating. I know...been there done that. My dog was 14 and they are a great part of your life. A true member of the family.

So although I love all the new cute pedigree breeds there are so many just as adorable dogs, and cats come to that, waiting in the wings for new homes from rescue shelters. They may not have the same "peer value" of others but beautiful in their own way all the same. Maybe their owners could no longer keep them for some reason or maybe their owners have died, as sad as that may be, and would love a new home.

I think if ever I wanted another dog I would choose a rescue one. They have just as much love to give and are as loyal as loyal can be. And it would save a life as many are put down if not wanted. Too many.

A dog is a dog is a dog...after all. It's the owners who are most to blame if things go wrong and it's definitely not the dog's fault.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...