To be heard above the rest...


I often envy those people with loud voices. Not the annoying ones but just enough to be heard above the rest. I can never keep up with others that have more volume. I just seem to get swamped out and get a sore throat after a while anyway when I try. It's just not me! You know some have that edge that they are able to "turn on" to get their point across. 

Me...mmmm not so much...But I could see a funny side yesterday.

I was in a queue, just for some take away fish and chips. πŸ˜‹ It was busy and lots happening. The shop was steamy with cooking, customers, and noise.

Big guy with apron standing behind the counter and well... I'm pretty big myself...well tall anyway...and as I was getting nearer and nearer to being served, I was preparing myself for this big announcement, my order, in my best loud macho voice. 

Then it was my turn and all that came out was this soft small sound just above a whisper. 😳 I increased the volume above the shop noise as much as possible but somehow, somewhere, I was left out when "those of the loud voice" were given theirs.

I compensate in other areas...maybeπŸ˜‰ I would like to think so anyway😏

Maybe I was always meant to be on the "quiet side of life" as they say. Quiet and polite maybe...

Anyway, as I was saying, so I made my announcement, to the aproned big guy behind the counter.  All good, paid, ticket in order on wall.

As he walked away to do something else I noticed the previous customers ticket hadn't been held on the wall ticket clip thing and it had fallen, un-noticed, to the floor. I called to the big guy with the apron  and pointed "It's fallen down," and indicated to the floor. "Thanks." he replied with a smile as he replaced the ticket. "That wouldn't do would it", he stated with a grin.

After a short wait my order was completed, and I made my way home. It wasn't until I was unpacking the order that I realised he had slipped in four extra calamari that I never ordered or was not even charged for.

So maybe a loud voice isn't everything after all and I was rewarded for just being polite. Maybe in this  often loud and noisy world that's enough πŸ˜‡

The loudest doesn't always win the prize!

I'll be back....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...