You're So Vain...

 Are you like me when you hear of a celebrity that has just died on the news and they maybe don't mention their age you google them and compare to your own age?

Or maybe hear a song played on the radio and then check who the singer is only to find out, dread upon dread, that they died years ago...aaahhh πŸ˜•πŸ˜§ That song never seems to sound quite the same again...

Amazing isn't it that we can hear and see them, even in our minds eye, as they were so many years after their passing not even realising they have gone. They look and sound as fresh as when we knew them...not actually knew them but you know what I mean. I wish I knew them, some of them, of course.

Funny...you would know the song 'You're so Vain' sung by Carly Simon. It's played quite often on the radio and I always sing along...as do many I guess. Well I saw a video of her a few days ago singing along to that song from what appeared to be her bedroom and she looked nothing like I remember. Time passes I know but it was still a shock. Now aged almost 80. Wow reality hits for sure!

I often wonder if today's rap artists will have the same longevity as many singers that have stood the test of time. Music from generations past is still played on the radio today. The funny thing is a new generation that have never heard that song before thinks...Mmm that's interesting, it must be new!

I always think it amazing the musical notes we all know so well can be turned into so many different combinations of musical content. Never repeating and always fresh to our ears. 

Ahhh ... You're So Vain 🎜🎝🎜 You probably think this song is about you.  I sure do πŸ˜†πŸ˜€πŸ˜„


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble at both ends of the scale......

Just day dreaming....

On a lighter note...